Traditional furnishings can hail from 18th century England, the French countryside, or even the exotic lands of the East. Among the most popular traditional styles are British Colonial revival, 18th century English, 19th century neoclassical, and Mediterranean and French country.
The distinctive elements of traditional really come down to a few things:
- Intricate Carvings on Medium to Dark Wood: Things like finials, spirals, and lots of decorative edge work.
- Heavy Furniture: If your chair takes your full body to move, chances are it’s traditional.
- Accessories include: Oil Paintings.
- Colors: Maroons, Peaches, Greens, Aubergine, Tans, and Creams.
- Lots of Florals, Carpet patterns, and Fleurs Di Lis.
When you talk about traditional stone choices, you are usually talking about tans, taupes, maroons, and browns; and generally, granites have become more traditional.